The Seahawks are on Monday Night Football tonight, so rather than cooking anything interesting, I decided to just whip up a nacho dip and have a few beers.
This is a really simple recipe:
1 lb Ground Turkey (or beef)
1 package of taco seasoning (this is me being lazy instead of making my own)
1 15oz can re-fried beans
1 can whole or diced chilies (if whole, dice them yourself)
1 15oz jar of salsa, whatever you like, or y ou can make it yourself.
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz Monterey jack cheese
8 oz sour cream
Preheat oven to 357 degrees
1. Brown the beef in a sauce pan and add the taco seasoning as directed.
2. Spread the refried beans over the bottom of a baking dish - I just used a roasting pan I picked up at the grocery store, but anything will do.
3. Sprinkle some cheese and salsa over the beans.
4. Layer in the seasoned beef or turkey.
5. Add another layer of salsa and cheese.
6. Add a few dollops of sour cream and then spread the remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
Nice and easy and good. Go 'Hawks!